Cookie Dough Chocolate Cupcakes – Homemade recipe for chocolate cupcakes stuffed with chocolate chip cookie dough frosting. Ultimate cupcake lover’s favorite.
This recipe is sponsored by Love Cooking Company. All opinions are my own.
I’ve got some exciting news today friends! We have a giveaway and it’s all about cupcakes. These aren’t just about ordinary cupcakes. These are stuffed to the max cupcakes. This way you can have your cake, your icing, and your stuffing. Now we’re talking!
I used this awesome new Bake and Stuff Cupcake Pan. Using this was so much fun. You no longer have to mess with trying to figure out a way to stuff your cupcakes. This pan simplifies things for you.
There are separate places for bottoms and tops in the pan. So bake ’em up. Let them cool. Add your filling of choice and that a topper.
My daughter and I had so much fun with these. She also tried it out with a s’more cupcake with marshmallow filling and chocolate topping and a piece of graham cracker for flair.
She definitely takes after her mother with her baking habits. And that feels so good to have a daughter who’s passionate about some of the same things as her mother.
For more great ways to use the Mr’s Field’s Bake and Stuff Cupcake pan go HERE.
You can find the Mrs. Fields Bake
Follow along with Love Cooking:
Love Cooking Company on Facebook
Love Company on Twitter
Love Cooking Company on Pinterest
Love Cooking Company on Instagram
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
BLOGLOVIN’ | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | SNAPCHAT: @GATHERFORBREAD | TWITTER
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Cookie Dough Chocolate Cupcakes
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped finely
- 1/3 cup 1 ounce Dutch-processed cocoa
- 3/4 cup hot coffee
- 3/4 cup 4 1/8 ounces bread flour
- 3/4 cup 5 1/4 ounces granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups <g class="gr_ gr_137 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" id="137" data-gr-id="137">powered</g> sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine chocolate and cocoa in a medium sized bowl. Pour hot coffee over and whisk until smooth. Place in fridge for at least 10 minutes (and no longer than 30 minutes) to cool down.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. Set aside. Using the cooled chocolate mixture add the following: vegetable oil, eggs, vinegar, and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Add flour mixture and whisk again until smooth. Scoop evenly among 12 regular sized cupcake cups or if using Love Cooking Cupcake pan divide evenly among 8. It will make 8 tops and bottoms.
- Place in oven and bake for 16-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Let sit for about 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes to wire rack to cool completely.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Stir in flour, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Whip for 1 minute or until light and fluffy. Stir in chocolate chips by hand. If filling cupcakes, heap one small scoop onto cupcake bottom. Top with the top piece.
- For regular cupcakes, frosting with 2 tablespoons of cookie dough frosting.
Cupcakes from: Cook’s Illustrated
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
These look awesome! The bigger and more over the top my cupcakes are, the better 🙂
June @ How to Philosophize with Cake says
Those look like some amazing cupcakes! Can’t go wrong with cookie dough in cake 🙂
That cupcake pan looks like so much fun! Love the cookie dough frosting!
Shashi at RunninSrilankan says
Oh heavens – you not only topped these decadent cupcakes with that chocolate chip cookie dough frosting, but you also stuffed them with that chocolate chip cookie dough frosting! If I had one of these infront of me – life would be good indeed! 🙂
Emily @ Layers of Happiness says
This might be the best cupcake invention EVER! P.S. I think I have you and your daughter’s taste in cupcakes too… 🙂
Can’t go wrong with chocolate on chocolate on COOKIE DOUGH. These might be my ideal cupcake!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life says
What an absolutely fun stuffed cupcake!! I haven’t seen that pan yet, so I’ll have to keep an eye out for it. And yay for having a daughter that likes to do fun baking combos too!!!
I know. So fun for kitchen time. 🙂