Copycat Archway Dutch Cocoa Cookies – Recipes for homemade chocolate cookies that taste just like Archway. Chewy, soft, rolled in sugar. Perfection!
These cookies are perfection! Anyone else familiar with Archway Dutch Cocoa Cookies? For some reason or another my dad loved them so they made their way into our kitchen quite often growing up. So of course now that I have my own blog I want to recreate all those wonderful childhood memories but without the additives and preservatives.
You know those awesome little peanut butter Tandy cakes by Tastykake? Yes, I was addicted to them too. You may or may not find them on the blog here soon. I refuse to buy them now. So how else is a girl going to get her peanut butter chocolate Tastykake fix? That’s right. I’ve gotta make them myself or do without. And why should I do without? I’m entitled to a treat every now and then!
Especially after these things. I mean I had to take all these photos without eating all the cookies. That’s self control. Oh and it’s also a giving spirit. The kids would not be too happy if they found out mom ate all the cookies that they definitely smelled baking. Oh, they’ve got noses all right. And they sure do smell the goods.
As soon as they walk the through the door I hear. “That smells so good.” There’s no way I could even begin to hide the truth about the cookies I’ve just baked. They’re way too smart for that anymore.
Well, I’m glad too. Because a food blogger definitely needs someone to share the ‘goods’ with. Well, I’ve got plenty of ‘someones’ and that makes me just downright blessed. 🙂
Have a great week! Hope it’s filled with good food and your favorite people around the table.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post may contain affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
© GATHER FOR BREAD. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
TOOLS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- ¾ cup Dutch-process cocoa or Hershey's Special Dark cocoa *See Note*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups of sugar, plus a little for sugar coating
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Stir and set aside.
- Using a mixer combine the butter and sugar until creamed. Add eggs. Mix together. Stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture a little at a time until completely incorporated.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill until firm, 1-2 hours.
- Roll the dough into 1½ inch balls. Pour ⅓ cup sugar into a small bowl or rimmed dish.
- Roll each ball in sugar to completely coat.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes until set in the middle. Move to a cooling rack after 1-2 minutes.
Recipe adapted slightly from here: Food Network
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.