Pasta shells wrapped up in a blanket of 4 creamy cheeses. Delicious cheesy shells perfect for guests or family dinner.
Honestly, who in life can resist cheese? I certainly can not. I can name a dozen dishes that just wouldn’t be the same without cheese. And don’t even get me started on the varieties. I could be here all night. Plus I know there are dozens more that I haven’t even tried yet.
Not to go off on a tangent but I really would like to travel the world and taste cheeses. I want more cheese variety in my life. Is that too much to ask for? *wink*
OK. So travelling is expensive I just need to get my hiney to the cheese counter at Wegmans and go bold. That’s it. I’m going bold or going home (hungry and boring).
I need to expand my cheese collection. And I need to do it now. Who’s coming with me? I need some friendly pals to boost confidence and assist in my taste testing challenge.
My daughter just turned 10. And even though she hit the double digits she’s still my beautiful little lady. Her classic dinner request for the last 6 years has faithfully been mac and cheese. She makes my life so easy. One more reason to love her.
I served her up this variety this year and of course it pleased her birthday belly. I made my girl happy. She’ll probably sock it to me in about 6 years to make up for all her simplicity. She’ll start requesting things I’ve never heard of just for spite. But in the meantime I’ll be happy to keep serving up a classic by adding little twists here and there.
Happy day friends!
Creamy Four Cheese Pasta Bake
- 1 16 oz package shell pasta
- 1 3/4 cups milk I use 1% or 2%
- 1 1/4 cups half and half
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Muenster cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cook shells according to package directions for al dente. Drain. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk and half and half. Stir continuously over medium heat until mixture thickens. Lower heat. Stir in cheeses and seasoings. Mix until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in shells. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.