Creamy Vanilla Cauliflower – Mashed creamy cauliflower with a hint of vanilla and cream cheese. This side dish is perfect for dinner or Thanksgiving holiday.
I bought my first vanilla beans recently. Woot. Woot. Go me. What’s all the hype about vanilla beans? I’m not sure but I can’t be feeling left out.
So I got them on the grocery list and lo and behold I found them at Costco. If you’re interested, they were $11.99 for 10 vanilla beans. Not a bad price for vanilla beans.
So I want to do the typical things with them. Make vanilla bean ice cream. Make vanilla extract. But I also wanted to do some not so traditional things with them.
I saw a recipe online awhile ago for vanilla cauliflower and it sounds really good. So I had to give it a try. I Googled for it and can’t find it. But Wegmans gave me great inspiration.
The kids found out that they indeed love creamy cauliflower and there was hardly any left for mom. But hey, no complaints. They’re eating veggies! Happy to find another easy way to get them to eat nutritious food.
This dish is simple enough for every day yet elegant enough for the holidays. I love the twist that vanilla adds to it.
I hope you give it a try!
Love you all!
Creamy Vanilla Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 3-4 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring about an inch of water to a boil in the bottom of a pot into which your steamer basket fits. Add about 1/2 tsp. salt and cauliflower florets. Cover and steam until as tender, about 8 minutes.
- *If you don't have a steamer basket you can boil it. Pour 1 inch of water into large saucepan. Place cauliflower in water, stem side down; cover. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 to 12 minutes until crisp-tender; drain.
- Place steamed cauliflower in a food processor. Pulse until pureed. Add cream cheese.
- For vanilla bean. Place on counter and split carefully down the center. Slide knife across to remove paste. Add to cauliflower.
- Add salt to taste. Serve warm.
Have a great week! Hope it’s filled with good food and your favorite people around the table.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post may contain affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
© GATHER FOR BREAD. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.