Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread Coconut Glaze – Recipe for moist chocolate zucchini quick bread topped with a coconut glaze. The recipe makes a sweet homemade loaf that’s perfect for summer.
If you know me at all by now you know I’m a huge bread fan and a chocolate fan. So when I can combine the two I’m pretty much in heaven. And my thighs know it.
Last year I made this awesome double chocolate zucchini bread and fell in love. I love zucchini but with this one I was pleased that you couldn’t see and taste huge clumps of zucchini. It made me want to make it over and over again.
So this year I decided to bring it back in a powerful way with the yumminess of coconut. Huge coconut fan too. I know you’re wondering. ‘OK. What doesn’t this girl like?’ That would be…oh geez. Why aren’t I coming up with anything?
That would be this bread. And it is AH-mazing! If you like chocolate and coconut you’ll love this for sure. It’s sweet simple and perfect for breakfast or snack.
Hey, I just said you could each chocolate for breakfast. Maybe I should at least be getting a virtual high-five or something! But I’ll settle for the fact you’re reading this. Thanks for being here!
Have a great day! Hope it’s filled with good food and your favorite people around the table.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post may contain affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
© GATHER FOR BREAD. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread with Coconut Glaze
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup Hershey's special dark cocoa
- 1 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded zucchini gently squeezed
- 1 cup dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered confectioner's sugar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sweetened or unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease an 8" loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, oil, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, and flour, mixing until well combined.
- Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the bread for 55 to 75 minutes, until the loaf tests done (until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Remove the bread from the oven, and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes before turning it out of the pan onto a cooling rack.
For Coconut Glaze:
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and coconut milk. Stir until smooth. If necessary add another drop or 2 of coconut milk to desired consistency or if you'd like it thicker add a bit more confectioner's sugar. Drizzle over warm bread. Cool bread completely before slicing.
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.