Perfect chocolate cookies boasting semisweet and bittersweet chocolate combined with unsweetened cocoa. These come together easily and are perfect for bake sales and dessert buffets.
Ever have a food that changes your world? This one did it for me. This is a recipe that I created by tweaking a combination of other recipes. It totally rocked my world.
I ate 4 the first day. I am not a 4 cookie girl. I don’t want to be a 4 cookie girl. My jeans can’t handle 4 cookie girl.
But alas, I did eat 4 of these. Such regret. Just kidding. SO worth every calorie. But I won’t do it again for the sake of my jeans.
How about next time I make them I just sample one and then I’ll bring them over to your place? It’s a win-win. I get to share, eat a cookie and bake. You get free goodies. I like this idea.
I am not kidding when I tell you that I had these made alongside the infamous peanut butter blossom cookies. My kids chose these every time. I don’t know if it’s because they were new or if they really like chocolate as much as their mother.
Hope you are enjoying holiday baking! I’ve been having a blast with it.
Love and blessings,
Dreamy Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add eggs. Beat until light and fluffy.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt bittersweet chocolate chips on 50% power for 2 1/2 -3 minutes. Stir.
- Add to creamed sugar mixture. Beat until fluffy about 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded spoonful, about 1 1/2 tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with parchment or silicone baking mats.
Shared on What’s Cooking Wednesday @ Buns In My Oven
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.