Simple recipe for easy homemade pizza in 30 minutes. Dinner made from scratch dough and bubbly cheese on the table in 30 minutes. Easy as pie.
This pizza recipe is incredibly easy. My kids helped out in the kitchen. They always like to be helpers on pizza night because they know the end results will be delicious. We make pizza a lot. Typically once a week on Fridays. And I’ve learned 2 things about Friday night pizza night.
- If we don’t have Friday night pizza night I will most certainly be questioned about why we are not having homemade pizza tonight.
- Comparison. Is the dough better than last week? Is it softer? Is it crisper? They love to compare my previous version’s to tonight’s.
Well, it certainly gives me lots of feedback and something to go off of. I actually really enjoy hearing them talk about “Mom’s” pizza. Brings a little smiles to my heart.
I started making homemade pizza about 3 years ago. Before that I had never tried unless you count store bought crust.(I don’t ). I started getting adventurous and in the kitchen and really wanted to conquered yeast. And now it’s truly my world in the kitchen. Not a week goes by that I don’t bake something with yeast. I just really enjoy working with it.
Think about how cool this concept is, really! You start with flour, yeast, salt, water and a few other ingredients and you can end up with some many amazing things….pull apart breads, sandwich bread, pizza dough, bagels. The list goes on.
Sometimes I seriously wonder what my brain used to think about before I was obsessed with baking. There truly couldn’t have been a big gapping hole there. We all know that we women have zero empty space in our brain. It runs non stop usually 15 channels on and running at a time. Typically like my computer where I have a minimum of 6 tabs. Wait let me count for you….I currently have 13 open. I have issues. I know! Please tell me I’m not the only multi-tasking thinker. The nicest word I can come up with about myself at the moment.
Til we meet again,
This post is sponsored by Fleishmanns Yeast. All opinions are my own.
For the best pizza making experience here are some of the products that I own and use when making pizza. I highly recommend them!
- 1¾ - 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's Pizza Yeast
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup very warm water (120-130 degrees)
- 3 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. If you have a pizza stone place it in the oven.
- Combine one cup flour, undissolved Fleischmann's Pizza Yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. And water and oil. Mix well until blended, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add enough remaining flour until dough is smooth and round. Dough will be slightly sticky. Turn out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic adding more flour if needed. Using floured hands pat dough onto greased pizza pan - or - cornmeal sprinkled parchment (which then can be slid onto baking stone). You can also roll into a 12 inch circle using a dough roller.
- Spoon sauce onto dough. Spread out thinly. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted and crust is golden brown.