These are easy peasy. No culinary skills required. My kids could easily make these. No cutting, rolling. Just scoop and drop.
Heck, if I would have known how simple it was to make these I would easily be 10 pounds heavier by now. Seriously! They are the great addition to any meal. Pop these on the table and they’ll disappear in no time.
You’ll feel much better knowing what ingredients are in them too. No refrigerated biscuits for me. Thank you very much!
Next I think I’ll experiment a little. I’ll try white whole wheat and then I’ll get a little creative with flavors. Who likes flavor? I certainly do.
Hmmm… I’m thinking Parmesan next time around. Be sure to come back and look for it in the near future. My mouth’s already watering. Yum!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Love and blessings,
Easy Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk chilled
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- plus 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- Heat oven to 475. Used baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda,sugar and salt in large bowl.
- Combine buttermilk and 8 Tablespoons melted butter in a medium bowl. Stir until butter forms small clumps.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir with rubber spatula until just incorporated.
- Use a greased 1/4 cup dry measuring cup. Scoop out level amount and drop onto parchment. Leave 1 1/2 inches between biscuits.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes or until tops are golden brown and crisp.
- Brush with remaining butter. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe from Cook’s Illustrated Baking Book
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.