I’m reluctant to say hello to September. Because those of you who know me well know how much I love me some Summer days. But even I admit that this was a hot summer. A few cooler days now that don’t need air conditioning will be much appreciated.
I’ve decided to start back up with Friday’s Fabulous Finds. I took a long break but I’m back and ready to share my weekly favorite new things, eats and more. The kids are back to school and it’s time that I get focused on work, building relationships and finding joy in the everyday.
So, let’s get started.
9 Things I’m Loving This Week
- Garden Fresh Salsa – I’ve been making homemade small batches every few days. Most of us in the family love it and it’s so tasty when it’s fresh. Can’t get enough. I’ll be so sad when my tomatoes are done!
P.S. If you need a small batch fresh salsa recipe I’ve thought about posting mine but there are a gazillion currently available on the web. For my sweet readers, though, if you’re interested just leave and comment and I’ll be sure to share it with you!
2. Schedules and Routine – This is a love/hate thing. I was so sad to send the kids back to school but I knew I needed structure in my day. I simply don’t focus well when they are home. It probably doesn’t help that I don’t have a home office. But we’re working on that and hopefully, I’ll have one here soon. I really need to stay on task.
3. Excitement for 2016-2017 School Year. This was the first year in quite some time that I remember my kids all looking forward to going back. This year was a first. First year of high-schooler, middle-schooler and elementary student at the same time.
I almost can’t believe it! 14 years ago I couldn’t image this day even if I tried. Walking through the high school with my freshman for orientation felt so bizarre. But I know God has all 3 of my children in the palm of his hand. We pray each day before they head out the door.
4. 17 years of Marriage Celebrated– That’s right I’ve been married to my amazing guy for 17 years. He’s incredible. Thanks to a dear sweet friend we got to enjoy a night away. And we had a blast. For the past 8 years, we’ve been taking the time to have a marriage getaway at least one time a year. It’s now become something very important that we make time for
My husband declared that this was by far his favorite. We decided to live a little adventurously and do some zip lining. Yup!
It just so happened that the freak zip line accident in Delaware happened a few days before we were supposed to go. That didn’t stop me. I know when my time here is done, it’s done. One of the reasons this getaway proved to be so fun is that we experienced something new and exciting together. We haven’t done that in a long time!
Ziplining was so much fun. We worked together as a team, cheered each other on and did some ropes that challenged us. It’s just what we needed to experience on this getaway. We would repeat this trip away in a heartbeat if and when we can.
5. The Happiness Dare – I just finished this book and I plan on sharing more about in my upcoming post on Books I read in August. It’s truly a great book. And i felt like it opened my eyes to my happiness style. [Hint: One of the reasons I went zip lining for my anniversary get away. 🙂 ] I can’t wait to share my thoughts with you soon!
P.S. I have a free copy of this book to give away too! So stay tuned for the post and you can snag your own copy.
6. Fall Fashion Friday – Who’s ready for boots and cozy sweaters? I’m not ready for cold but I can’t wait to wear some boots and jeans again with the perfect top. I’m loving these sweater ponchos.
Right now Cents of Style has these perfect ponchos for 50% OFF (Starting at $7.98) There’s also FREE SHIPPING w/code FALLING4. Woot. We all better grab them while we can. I’m loving this purple one. But the green is simple and nice too. Which would you choose?
7. Pillow Covers – I recently splurged on new pillow covers. For some of you maybe this isn’t a splurge but it certainly felt like it to me. My pillows were hideous on the outside but still in good shape. That’s where these pretty pillow covers come into play. They have them in a variety of colors. I choose the teal. I may soon get some for the loveseat too. I feel like my living room has a fresh breath of air. Can we all say….ahh….?
And yes, new living room seating is on my ‘wish’ list too. Maybe some day.
8. Fall Apple Collection is here on the blog. We’re sharing a collection of amazing savory and sweet apple recipes for you to enjoy. Make sure to head over to check it all out!
9. Frederick, MD – For our anniversary getaway we stayed in Frederick, MD. This town is so quaint with cute shops, award winning restaurants and this picturesque river walk. I’m smitten and I can wait to go back. If you’ve been to Frederick before give me and shout out and let me know your favorite eatery because I definitely want to go back!
What are you loving this week? Let’s dish and share I love hearing about favorite new restaurants, new styles, bargains and places to visit. Chime in and leave a comment! I’d greatly appreciate it.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.