Herb Olive Oil Dip – Simple fresh olive oil prepared with herbs spices for bread dipping. Copycat from your favorite restaurant. Gift by wrapping up with a towel.
Today’s post is all about dipping. I’m super excited to share this ever-so-simple dip with you. Just like you’d find at your favorite Italian restaurant. It’s pure olive oil paired with fine herbs for a fresh and fabulous dipping experience.
It’s perfect for sharing at parties, dinner gatherings and tied up with a pretty ribbon to give as a gift. If you’re looking for gifts to give from the kitchen, don’t forget to check out our in-depth post on lots of gift ideas to give from the kitchen.
You’ll need basil, oregano, parsley, rosemary and crushed red pepper. Also needed, but not pictured, granulated garlic.
Combine your spices together in a small bowl.
Serve immediately with olive oil or wrap up to share as a gift. Serve leftover spices in an airtight container to use for later.
Here’s what you need to wrap this up:
- Spices – Local Grocery Store
- Olive Oil – Find on Amazon or at dollar store
- Raffia, Ribbon or Twine – Local dollar store
- Kitchen Towel – Find at Amazon or your local Walmart or Target
- Small Organza or Mesh bag – Find at Amazon or Dollar Store
- Loaf of Bread – Homemade or purchased from local bakery
Fill olive oil dispenser with oil. Place herbs in organza bag and attach to bottle. Wrap towel around bread attaching to olive oil bottle. Decorate with raffia or ribbon.
You can pair this with our easy perfect yeast bread. I divided into 6 equal portions and just baked accordingly.
You can also pair this with our bakery style French bread baguettes.
You now have the perfect gift for food and kitchen enthusiasts.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Herb Olive Oil Dip
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons herb mixture
- 1 loaf french bread
Inspiration from Taste of Home