Kale Caesar Salad Greek Yogurt Dressing – Kale Salad recipe made with a creamy Greek Yogurt Caesar Dressings. Healthier, lighter, fewer calories, lots of flavor. Homemade croutons, perfect salad all year round.
I love salad, I just don’t always love salad at home. Especially kale, it was always too crunchy or crisp for me. Kale chips = totally my jam. Kale in my smoothie = A-ok. Kale salad = blah.
Until now. Oh yeah! I finally figured out the secret to amazing kale salad at home. Want to hear the deets? I bet you do. Keep scrolling.
Here’s the secret: Rinse and spin the kale dry. Pour a tiny bit of oil over the kale. I use an extra light virgin olive oil. Massage the kale with your (clean) hands. Just rubbing it softly between your fingers. Sprinkle with a smidge of sea salt. That’s it! Yum and ready for toppings.
Seriously, this method has changed my perspective on kale salad. I now really enjoy it at home.
Second best thing, low cal Caesar dressing. I’ve been a long time fan of Caesar salad but am hardly a fan of all the calories. This stuff is made with Greek yogurt for less fat, less calories and just as tasty as the original. Give it a try, I think you’ll be surprised at just how good it is.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
To make this recipe well:
Kale Caesar Salad Greek Yogurt Dressing
- ½ loaf sourdough bread cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- salt to taste
For Greek Yogurt Dressing:
- 5 ounces plain Greek yogurt non-fat
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch of kale tough stems removed
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler. Place oven-safe rack approximately 4 inches from heat. In a large bowl toss bread cubes with olive oil, oregano and salt. Arrange on a baking sheet in an even layer.
- Toast under broiler for 3-5 minutes, turning once half way</g> through. Set aside and let cool. Store in a plastic bag if you made ahead of time.
- In a medium shaker or jar, combine Greek yogurt, Parmesan cheese, Dijon mustard, olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Shake to combine well. Set aside or refrigerate until serving.
- Rinse kale and dry well. Place in a large bowl. Pour olive oil over kale and massage with your hands. (This will help soften the greens and add some shine.)
- Arrange kale on salad plates. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, add croutons and serve with Greek yogurt Caesar dressing.
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.