Kale Caesar Salad Greek Yogurt Dressing – Kale Salad recipe made with a creamy Greek Yogurt Caesar Dressings. Healthier, lighter, fewer calories, lots of flavor. Homemade croutons, perfect salad all year round.
I love salad, I just don’t always love salad at home. Especially kale, it was always too crunchy or crisp for me. Kale chips = totally my jam. Kale in my smoothie = A-ok. Kale salad = blah.
Until now. Oh yeah! I finally figured out the secret to amazing kale salad at home. Want to hear the deets? I bet you do. Keep scrolling.
Here’s the secret: Rinse and spin the kale dry. Pour a tiny bit of oil over the kale. I use an extra light virgin olive oil. Massage the kale with your (clean) hands. Just rubbing it softly between your fingers. Sprinkle with a smidge of sea salt. That’s it! Yum and ready for toppings.
Seriously, this method has changed my perspective on kale salad. I now really enjoy it at home.
Second best thing, low cal Caesar dressing. I’ve been a long time fan of Caesar salad but am hardly a fan of all the calories. This stuff is made with Greek yogurt for less fat, less calories and just as tasty as the original. Give it a try, I think you’ll be surprised at just how good it is.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
To make this recipe well:
Kale Caesar Salad Greek Yogurt Dressing
- ½ loaf sourdough bread cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- salt to taste
For Greek Yogurt Dressing:
- 5 ounces plain Greek yogurt non-fat
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch of kale tough stems removed
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Preheat broiler. Place oven-safe rack approximately 4 inches from heat. In a large bowl toss bread cubes with olive oil, oregano and salt. Arrange on a baking sheet in an even layer.
Toast under broiler for 3-5 minutes, turning once half way</g> through. Set aside and let cool. Store in a plastic bag if you made ahead of time.
- In a medium shaker or jar, combine Greek yogurt, Parmesan cheese, Dijon mustard, olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Shake to combine well. Set aside or refrigerate until serving.
Rinse kale and dry well. Place in a large bowl. Pour olive oil over kale and massage with your hands. (This will help soften the greens and add some shine.)
- Arrange kale on salad plates. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, add croutons and serve with Greek yogurt Caesar dressing.
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.