Nutella Smores Pull Apart Bread. Insanely good pull apart loaf is perfect to share with a crowd. Dough is made with graham cracker and layered and stuffed with Nutella and marshmallows. Sure to be a hit at every party!
I have been waiting so long to present this bread to you! I concocted it over a month ago. I’ve made it several times. And then I’ve just waiting and waiting to bring it to the blog.
I thought you’d be made at me though. I mean after all we’re in full swing of pumpkin and peppermint recipes. So who the heck would want Nutella Smores Pull Apart bread.
Um…this girl! I know. I know. This blog is not all about me. It’s written by me. It’s created by me. But it’s most certainly not all about me. It’s about YOU and ME and our shared love of food. And you know what?
When it gets right down to it I figured maybe you needed a break from everything pumpkin and peppermint. I thought maybe you ready for a breath of fresh air. A swoosh of life. A fresh taste.
Well, here ya go. This fresh taste is brought to you mid November by Carmel Moments. Because sometimes I don’t like being a traditionalist. I like to be different. I’ll save normal, traditional, rather boring for later this week. Deal?
Still love me? *wink*
I really think you will still love me if I can just convince you to make this bread. I think you’ll be sending me lots of love mail after this one. I’ll be waiting for it.
Til we meet and eat again friends,
Til we meet and eat again friends,
Tools for the job:
- 2¼ teaspoons active yeast
- ¾ cup warm milk (about 110 degrees)
- ¼ cup warm water (about 110 degrees)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup finely crushed graham crackers, about 4 sheets
- 2¾ to 3 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Nutella
- 1-2 cups mini marshmallows
- Combine milk, water in a small bowl or 2 cup measuring cup. Sprinkle with yeast. Stir. Let sit for about 10 minutes until frothy.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with flat paddle attachment, pour water/ yeast mixture into mixing bowl. Add milk, egg and sugar. Mix on medium speed just until combined, about 1 minute. To mixture add crushed graham crackers and 2¾ cup all purpose flour. Mix until fully combined. Add in additional flour, 1 Tablespoon at a time until dough comes together.
- Scrape down sides of bowl. Switch to dough hook. Knead on medium speed for 3-5 minutes. Dough should stick to bottom of bowl but mostly clear the sides. Dough will be slightly sticky and soft.
- Using a spatula scrape dough into a greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise 1 hour or until doubled.
- Press dough down gently. On a floured surface roll dough into a 20 x 12 inch rectangle.
- Place Nutella in a small microwave safe bowl or measuring cup. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds. Be careful not to overheat it. We're just getting it to a consistency that will be easier to spread.
- Spread Nutella over dough in a thin layer. Sprinkle with mini marshmallows.
- Cut into 5 (4-inch strips), then cut crosswise 6 times, making 30 (4x2-inch) rectangles.
- Make 5 stacks of dough with 6 rectangles in each stack. Layer stacks in loaf pan with Nutella sides facing each other. For end pieces make sure Nutella sides are facing in and not outside of pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Let rest for 20-30 minutes before baking.
- Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool for about 1 hour.
If loaf is getting too dark and it still seems under baked tent with foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
Recipe adapted from my popular Pull Apart Garlic Bread
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.