Peanut butter combined with krispies and chocolate to make delicious copycat Luna bars, Nuts Over Chocolate. With ONLY 6 ingredients these delicious bars are the perfect pickup me for breakfast or afternoon snack.
I’m here to admit. Fully admit. I have gotten into this horrible lazy breakfast habit. It’s called…..wait for it….
Granola bars, energy bars, protein bars. I don’t care what you call them. But they’re GOOD and easy. Did I mention they’re easy? Oh my goodness.
Here’s me in the morning. ‘Hmm….I’m totally in the mood for french toast. I should make some. Nah. I don’t feel like dirty dishes.’
‘Oh wait. I should make banana chocolate chip pancakes. Nah, I don’t feel like dirty dishes.” What is my ever lovin’ problem? Seriously! You can’t be a mom of 3 children and expect to avoid dishes. It just doesn’t happen. But I guess in my mind I’m thinking ‘Well, there can at least be less dishes if I don’t cook a big breakfast.’ So I revert to granola bars.
Sad? Not so much if you like peanut butter and chocolate If I make a whole pan of these bars they’ll last me a week. Well, that’s if I don’t have share. Did I mention about the kids? Yeah, then they don’t last a week. But I can and do occasionally hide them just for mom and then I’m good for breakfast for the whole week.
Set. Done. Woo-hoo!
Just get a load of that chocolate and peanut butter. I know you’re thinking the same thing. Yup. Where can you hide them? Well I can help you with that. I have this small space in my closet for whenever friends need a place to hide their goodies. I won’t tell a soul that they’re here. 🙂
VERDICT: I loved these bars. They don’t taste exactly like the Luna bars but it’s a satisfying, much cheaper alternative. I’ll definitely be making often!
Til we meet and eat again friends,
- 3 cups crispy cereal (i.e. Rice Krispies)
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup agave sweetener
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Measure cereal into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Grease a 8 x 8 inch pan. Set aside.
- Mix peanut butter, agave and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. If not melted microwave for an additional 30 second interval until melted and smooth. Pour over cereal. Mix and stir to coat completely. Crush and stir while mixing to break up cereal. Press VERY firmly into prepared pan. I use the back of a large turner or I use my hand covered with a piece of wax paper.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir. MIcrowave in additional 30 second increments until it can be stirred smooth. Pour over cereal mixture in pan. Smooth out evenly. Place in freezer for about 45 -60 minutes. Remove. Cut into bars.
Recipe adapted slightly from Chocolate Covered Katie
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.