How To Make Roasted Vegetables – Easy recipe favorite for vegetables. Potatoes, onions, peppers all roasted to perfection. Side dish dinner solution.
Roasted vegetables, I have my lovely mother to thank for introducing me. Thank you, Mom! She kept raving about how good they were and somehow I just didn’t believe her.
Then one day I had the privilege of partaking and boy was I in for a surprise. They totally rocked my world. I couldn’t believe how good they were.
Three awesome things happened that day. I didn’t have to cook a delicious healthy meal. My momma did it for me. I found a new healthy dish that I really enjoyed. And to top it off my kids liked them.
I should have really did a song and dance. I mean c’mon on. How do those worlds collide? I’m still excited about it.
Well that was probably two years ago and I’ve been enjoyed roasted veggies ever since. One of the awesome things about it is you can switch it up to whatever your family loves most. Listed in this recipe are some of our favorites. We’ve also done asparagus, broccoli and tomatoes with pleasing results.
I know this recipe is simple and basic but sometimes the simple ones are my favorites. I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for How to Make Roasted Vegetables.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
How To Make Roasted Vegetables
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup mushrooms or Brussel sprouts
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 green or red bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 3-4 Tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Chop veggies into similar size pieces. I cut potatoes into about 2-3 inch pieces. For onions you can just quarter or if you prefer you can pull them into smaller pieces.
- Place veggies in a bowl. Toss with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place veggies and garlic cloves on a large rimmed baking sheet. I sometimes use parchment paper to help with clean up.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Stir veggies. Begin checking after 30 minutes of roasting time. Roast until veggies are slightly crisp and browned on the edges. Depending on which veggies you choose some will brown quicker than others.
Recipe NotesThis recipe is flexible. Feel free to swap potatoes for all sweet potatoes or red onions for yellow, broccoli for Brussel sprouts etc.
Make sure to check after 30 minutes. If softer veggies are done and root vegetables aren't, just remove them from the tray to a bowl, cover to keep warm. Place remaining vegetables back into the oven and check every 5 minutes until lightly browned and crisp.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.