Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins – Homemade soft fluffy muffins made with fresh blueberries and chocolate chips. Bake them for breakfast or dessert, a summer favorite.
*Photos updated 5/11/15
Blueberries and chocolate chips in one muffin? Yup. Why? Because it’s good. That’s why. Another reason why? Because I love both chocolate chip and blueberry muffins. So why make two separate muffins when I can just roll them into one?
Brilliant. Genius. Right? Just kidding. It’s bound to have been baked before.
These gorgeous muffins are a summer favorite! I can’t describe to you how much I love chocolate. But add berries to that and it’s definitely like that precious cherry on top.
These muffins are soft, fluffy and so tender. You’ll love every bite!
As I type this my 11 year is doing research on tigers. He needs to write a thesis and fill out a graphic organizer to get started. He’s bugging me for help with filling out this organizer which is prompting him for key points.
What does this have to do with muffins you ask? Absolutely positively nothing. Which is why I’m having a hard time putting my love and thoughts into these muffins. Because I’m being asked to think about tigers and the fact that they are endangered.
Argh! How do I teach him that mom’s thoughts are not what belongs in his research? I’m trying to get him to give his best opinions and draw on what he has learned.
OK. Back to the Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins at hand. Ahem! There does happen to be one in my hand. Hey, a girl’s got get through the afternoon of tigers and distractions somehow!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
- ½ cup (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar ( I used Organic Sugar)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons of flour
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a standard-size muffin pan or line with muffin cups and spray the muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs. Stir in the milk and vanilla just until combined. Scrape down the bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt. Add to the creamed mixture and mix until fully combined. Do not over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips. Add the blueberries with the flour to help the blueberries not to sink while baking.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups to close to full. Bake muffins for about 5 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350. Continue to bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean.
You may also enjoy:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.