Cheese Topped Creamy Cauliflower Soup – Topped with Swiss cheese, this creamy cauliflower soup recipe is easy to follow. Perfect for cozy winter nights. Best soup I’ve eaten in a while.
This soup had me at HELLO. Seriously. It’s the bomb diggity. Who talks like that any more. That totally wasn’t me. I lost myself in this soup.
Here’s my favorite soup of the week. I have so many favorite soups that I can no longer say ‘Soup of the Month’. Now it’s ‘Soup of the Week’. That’s not a bad thing, right? Well if cauliflower and cheese is bad just call me naughty and I’m ok with that.
Can you believe November is just around the bend? This month went flying so fast that I feel like I should put on my seat belt and hold on to my hat. I actually did lost a hat once because I should have held onto it. Picture this way back in the day:
Amusement park. Signs that read: Remove all glasses and hats. More than 1 sign. This girl thinks she’s the exception to the rule. This girl wears her hurt. This girl gets lost in the moment. Raises her hands. Shrieks as she plummets down the hill. Her father behind catches that same wind. In that brief nanosecond he probably could have caught her hat but he’s too busy enjoying the thrill himself. Hat is gone. Never to return.
Way back in the day….Um…that way in July. I’m still a child (at heart). Hee-hee.
P.S. I’m in love with soup crocks lately. And I totally want a collection. I’m liking these from Williams Sonoma. What about in yellow or green. And these in red from Sur La Table….Love! I need to get some like soon. Decisions…decisions… I’ll probably end up with boring ole’ white because it goes well with everything. But what do you think?
Love you my friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk (I use 1% or 2%)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 head medium head cauliflower, chopped small
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- salt, to taste
- 6 oz Swiss cheese, sliced and cut into strips
- Using a dutch oven melt butter over medium heat. Add chopped onion. Cook until soft and translucent. Add garlic. Cook and stir for a minute more until fragrant.
- Sprinkle flour over buttery onions. Cook and stir for about 1 minute. Gradually add milk and chicken broth. Stir to blend. Bring to a boil.
- Add cauliflower and carrots. Reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 12 - 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Ladle soup into individual oven safe bowls. Top soup with sliced Swiss cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.