A delicious bread for both chocolate and vanilla lovers. You no longer have to choose sides. Enjoy both delicious flavors in this moist delicious bread.
Which are you? A chocolate fan or vanilla fan? I happen to be both. I’ve been a chocolate fan for as long as I can remember. The vanilla love is a new found love within the last few years.
Make no mistake about it. The chocolate chips and vanilla beans were strategically placed in this picture. I mean it is for lovers after all. XO. *wink*
I mean the REAL chocolate and vanilla lovers.
I enjoy vanilla coffee every morning. Ahh. It’s my mid morning beauty. And have you tried my vanilla bean cupcakes? In my opinion they are the best. I’m also in love with home made vanilla ice cream. It totally rocks.
As I type this a rain storm just came through and ruined our lovely April spring day. Boo. It was so beautiful. I think I’ll go drown my sorrows in a cup of coffee and a piece of this bread. Maybe by the time I’m done crying over the rain the sun will be back. Hopefully.
April is such a month of hope. With Easter and things blooming. I feel like I could just burst like the petals on the flowers. I feel open and alive. I will fear the cold no longer. I am free. Geez! I’m off on a tangent. But just trying to tell you a little about this awesome feeling of spring I feel.
Til we meet and eat again friends,
xo (double xo this time. 🙂 )
- ½ cup organic sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Grease or spray with nonstick cooking spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer cream butter, brown sugar and organic sugar until creamy. Mix in egg until mixed thoroughly. Stir in buttermilk and vanilla until well combined. Don't over mix.
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean. Stir into batter with mini chocolate chips. Avoid over mixing.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to wire rack.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.