Mini Cinnamon Rolls – Homemade mini rolls perfect for breakfast or dessert. Grab and go style wrapped with buttery cinnamon filling topped with cream cheese glaze.
Mini Cinnamon Rolls
The holidays are just around the corner. And our absolute favorite Christmas morning tradition is having a simple brunch. And brunch may include an egg dish. It may include some fresh juice but it ALWAYS includes fresh homemade cinnamon rolls.
Years ago when I started this tradition, I had no experience with yeast and making dough at home. So we were stuck with good ole refrigerated ones. While they’re ok on taste there’s nothing that beats homemade goods.
So when I decided to conquer yeast a few years ago I was equally excited to conquer homemade cinnamon rolls. I had successfully conquered loaves of bread. How hard could cinnamon rolls be to make?
Well, as it turned out, not difficult at all. Once you’re accustomed to working with yeast, cinnamon rolls are easy peasy. Do they take time? Absolutely. But, difficulty? Nope.
And if you mess up a bit, no big deal. The flavors and overall experience still come out marvelous.
Christmas mornings in our home bring out the savory scent of cinnamon waffling down the hallways. Just begging for hungry little mouths. As if the gifts aren’t enough already.
I was so excited to partner with Bob’s Red Mill to share one of our favorite holiday traditions. Bob’s Red Mill has been producing flours for decades. They’re a brand you can trust for all your baking needs.
Roll out your dough into a decent rectangle.
Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Cut each roll into 10-12 mini rolls.
Place in a mini muffin tin.
These mini cinnamon rolls are so easy to make. And with Bob’s Red Mill flours in many varieties, you can try switching out some of the all-purpose flour for a bit of whole wheat. Don’t swap out of all it but just start with half a cup and see how you like the difference. You can always make changes from there.
You can find out more about Bob’s Red Mill flours here. Bob’s Organic Unbleached White Flour is freshly milled from Organic hard red wheat. Both the bran and the germ have been removed leaving the endosperm that is made into white flour. It is not enriched with any additives. This kitchen staple is incredibly versatile and perfect for all of your baking needs.
To save a $1.00 on your next purchase of Bob’s Red Mill flours go here for a printable coupon.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
- ¼ cup (2 oz) lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 cup (8 oz) lukewarm milk
- 4 - 4¼ cups unbleached Organic Bob's Red Mill all-purpose white flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1½ cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large mixing bowl for stand mixer combine all the dough ingredients using only 4 cups of flour to start. Mix with a flat beater until ingredients are blended. Switch to dough hook and knead the dough. If it seems too sticky add additional flour a tablespoon at a time until smooth. Knead for a total of 5-7 minutes. (If by hand, knead for about 10 minutes.) The dough should be smooth. Place the dough into a lightly greased bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let dough rise until about doubled, 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces. Roll each on a smooth counter or non stick baking mat. Roll into a rectangle approximately 8" x 10 ".
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Brush dough with melted butter leaving a 1 inch space on one side. Combine brown sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over buttered dough.
- Start rolling fairly tightly towards you to make a long even log. At last edge brush with milk and pinch to seal end. With seam side down using a serrated knife or dough scraper cut each log into 10-12 even pieces. Place in greased mini muffin pans or in 9"x 13" pan. Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
- In a mixer cream sugar and cream cheese until combined. Add vanilla, milk and confectioners sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Spread or pipe over cinnamon rolls.
Recipe adapted slightly from Perfectly Sweet Cinnamon Rolls
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.