Zucchini Bread with Chocolate Glaze – Flavorful, moist zucchini bread or muffins topped with a delicious chocolate glaze. Made with whole wheat flour and yogurt, this bread is healthy and sweet.
I know you all saw this coming, right? Summer….garden…zucchini…. it’s a given right?
There’s no surprise that zucchini recipes are going to be rolling in. But I at least left a surprise for the top.
I take that back too. You all know me by now. I pretty much add chocolate to everything that exists. Why? Because I like that’s why. It makes life fun. Sweet. More doable.
I almost can’t believe that this is my first zucchini bread and muffins of the season. I’ve been waiting forever it seems for zucchini and now I just have so much to make. Did you see my jalapeno stuffed zucchini boats? Yum! My list goes on for quite some time. So I won’t bore you to tears.
Last year I put this zucchini bread recipe on the blog but wanted something a little less chocolate but definitely not lose it all together. So here’s what I came up with and it’s downright delish!
Of course, you can leave off the chocolate if you must. So you can enjoy this regardless. This is a wonderful flavorful bread without or without the chocolate.
Thanks for dropping by!
Til we meet and eat again,
- 1½ cups whole-wheat flour
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ⅓ cup canola oil (or peanut)
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- ⅓ cup buttermilk (or regular milk with a splash of vinegar)
- 1 cup organic sugar (or brown sugar, firmly packed)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2½ cups finely grated zucchini
- ½ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 - 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x4 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Line a 6-cup muffin tin with papers OR oil a mini loaf pan.
- In a bowl, sift together dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; beat in yogurt, buttermilk, oil, sugar, and vanilla. Combine well. Stir in grated zucchini.
- Carefully blend flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Scoop batter into 6 muffin cups (or mini loaf pan) and pour the rest into the 9x4 loaf pan. Bake for approximately 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes in the pan. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Cool loaf completely before cutting.
- For glaze, melt chocolate chips and butter in a small heavy saucepan; stir in cream. Remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar, vanilla and salt. Drizzle over warm bread and muffins.
Zucchini bread recipe from: Simple Bites
I use this pan for baking bread and I always love the results!
You may also like: