Bacon Cheddar Buns – Fluffy homemade rolls from scratch stuffed with cheese and bacon. Perfect for breakfast or brunch. Easy to grab and go. Freezer friendly.
Ahh. Yes. 3 of life’s little beauties, cheddar cheese, bacon, and buns. Need I elaborate? Well, I have to. These are not your buns, hunny. These are one of a kind delicious buns. And they are definitely crowd pleasers. Take these to a potluck and your guaranteed an invite again next year.
Bring these to your friend that just had a baby. She’ll be pregnant again next year just for these. Bring these home to mom for Mother’s Day. She’ll never let you leave until you’ve handed over the recipe. Are you getting the picture yet?
These beautiful little buns totally rock the breakfast bar. Thanks, King Arthur for another delicious addition to our day. I’ll be forever in your debt.
I’d love nothing more than to make millions of these and pass them out on the street corners. People would go crazy. OK. Maybe I wouldn’t want to be the cause of craziness but I would love the oohs and aahs from grateful hungry commuters. You know those people who just don’t have the time for a sit down breakfast? I’d love to bless them with something warm, flavorful and the best flavor known to the breakfast kingdom….bacon.
I’ve really been looking forward to sharing this bacon cheddar buns recipe for awhile now. I thought you’d really enjoy. Please come back and let everyone including me if you try it. We’d love to hear your thoughts.
Dreaming of cheddar and bacon,
Bacon Cheddar Buns
Fluffy homemade rolls from scratch stuffed with cheese and bacon. Perfect for breakfast or brunch. Easy to grab and go. Freezer friendly.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- 1/4 cup instant potato flakes
- 3 1/2 cups <g class="gr_ gr_112 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="112" data-gr-id="112">all purpose</g> flour
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 8 ounces bacon cooked and chopped
- To make the buns: Mix all the ingredients together. Knead for several minutes to make a smooth, soft dough. In a greased bowl cover the dough and let rise until doubled, about 60 to 90 minutes.
To make the filling:
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour to make a paste. Let the butter-flour mixture cook for 1 minute, then gradually add the milk, whisking constantly to ensure no clumps form. Stir in 1 cup cheese until melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Roll the dough on a lightly greased surface into a 12" x 18" rectangle. Evenly spread with cheese sauce and bacon.
- Starting with a short end, roll the dough into a log. Cut it into 12 pieces.
- Place buns into the paper-lined or greased cups of a muffin pan. It's best to use two pans, filling every other cup.
- Cover and let the buns rise for 60 to 90 <g class="gr_ gr_97 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="97" data-gr-id="97">minutes,</g> until they're nicely puffed. Closer to the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the buns for 15 minutes, remove them from the oven, and top with grated or shredded cheese. Return to the oven, and bake until the cheese melts, 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- Remove from the oven. When cooled enough to handle, turn them onto a rack to cool.
Recipe from: King Arthur Flour
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.