Delicious soft dark chocolate and white chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. A perfect balance of black and white accompanied by the delicious flavor of oatmeal. Paradise in a cookie.
I don’t know what it is about cookies but frequently I just want to bake them. Well, it may have something to do with the fact that they taste really yummy. But besides that, I just love the fact that they’re so individual. You could choose to eat 1 or 5. It’s a personal choice.
Depending on your mood (or the time of the month) you may just need something little and sweet. Or if you want to overindulge you just eat a few more. That’s easy to do, right?
These cookies are outrageously good. I love the contrast of the dark chocolate with the white chocolate. And did I mention they’re whole wheat? You can’t even tell.
I actually like whole wheat. But in case you’re someone that turns your nose up against it with the oatmeal you can’t even tell. I’m being 100% honest.
(Reason #27 to make these cookies) Whole wheat but utterly delicious! I didn’t number the last 26 reasons just to spare you the time of reading them. But trust me…they totally exist!
Here’s the end of the post. And by now I truly hope I’ve convinced you to try these whether by words or photos. Please tell me you’re ready to pull out the flour, butter and mixing bowl.
If you are… I’ve totally won!
Thanks for making me the happiest blogger! I love all of you for reading my silly, wacky, sappy, stupid posts. You’re the bestest!
Til we meet and eat again,
Black and White Whole Wheat Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter or margarine softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups dry oats quick or old fashioned, uncooked
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine whole wheat flour, baking soda cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats, black and white chocolate chips and mix well. Using a medium cookie scoop drop onto ungreased baking sheets or line with silicone baking mats.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies or 12 to 13 minutes for crispy cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Nestle
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.