Blueberry Almond Coffee Cake – A delicious simple cake studded with blueberries and topped with a light streusel and almonds.
I almost pinch myself on days like this. The birds are chirping. The windows are open. The skies are blue. If only I could multiply by 1,000. But I know that those cold days or rainy days make me appreciate this beauty all the more.
If we were always blessed with sunny skies or perfect health or rosy days we would never be able to truly grasp and appreciate the beauty of life. Because it would be just be ordinary and the usual.
So I appreciate those cold winters simply because I know it makes me much more thankful for spring and summer. I long for these gorgeous days and now I finally get to breathe them in! Hooray for spring and all God’s goodness he provides in the form of beautiful breezes, bulbs popping, birds singing and grasses greening.
It’s just beyond amazing! And when I picture spring I always picture berries. Cool breezes with sweet tea and fruity desserts just take over the top. And I couldn’t wait to share this super simple blueberry almond cake with you.
It’s easy to put together and delightful to serve for brunch or dessert.
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
Follow Carmel Moments on BLOGLOVIN’
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
You will also like:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8 inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk, butter and extracts until blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in ⅔ cup blueberries.
- Pour into a prepared dish. Top with remaining blueberries. Combine the almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Recipe from: Taste of Home
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.