Bacon Garlic Cheese Bread – Loaf bread topped with oozy cheese, garlic, bacon and seasonings for a scrumptious appetizer that’s easy to share.
Here’s a recipe almost everyone can relate to and I’ll share why in a moment. But first let’s just feast our eyes…shall we? Look at that stringy delish cheese. It’s just begging for fingers to pull it apart and share. C’mon on work with me here. You know it’s tempting.
The kids could hardly wait to dive into this pleasing plate! I wonder why. It’s some of their favorite foods of all times.
But as we all know, the fingers need to stay away until mom gets to play. Well, maybe you wouldn’t call it playing but as old as I am…the only playground I routinely participate in is the photography one. And this one was PURE FUN!
So I promised you some reasons. Here we go:
- Adaptable – Use any bread you want. I personally love homemade and there’s quite a variety here. So take your pick! But the NEW Rustic Italian Bread would be perfect for this.
- Easy – So simple. Grab a loaf of bread, some bacon, cheese and you’re on your way to an easy delight.
- Share – This is too great not to share. Cut it down in slices and it’s perfect party or buffet food.
- Favorite – When can you go wrong with bacon and cheese? Some of life’s greatest food staples.
Enjoy. I hope I’ve found enough ways to convince you to make Bacon Cheese bread.
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
Follow Carmel Moments on BLOGLOVIN’
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
I think you’ll like these too!
Bacon Delights from Friends:
Bacon Garlic Cheese Bread
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 small loaf of bread
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- fresh basil finely minced
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano and salt in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
Slice loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Place cut side up on a baking sheet. Spread olive oil mixture over both halves of bread. Sprinkle with cheeses.
Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon. Cook for 3-5 minutes longer or until golden brown and cheeses are melted. Garnish with green onions and fresh basil (if desired)
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.