I went blueberry picking again this week. I think it’s so fun to pack the kids up and go berry picking. However, when we get there they are usually done after about 20 berries.
I, on the other hand, could pick for two hours straight. I just love it. I know. I’m weird. That’s what they all say.
Anyway, I came home with these delicious sweet blueberries. I knew immediately that I wanted to bake them into something. I knew I wanted a crumb crust that was made of oats.
Hmm, now for the rest. Cheesecake. Let’s do something with cream cheese. Mmm. My hubby is going to love me even more. Did I ever mention how much he loves cream cheese? I’m looking forward to his thoughts on these. I know. Poor guy, right? They’re already up on the blog and he’s hasn’t tried one yet.
No worries, I saved him plenty.
These bars look so beautiful because of the purplish blues. So I probably could have photographed it all day. I don’t really need to eat. I can just look at it.
It will taste better if I just stare at it, right? And I won’t have any calories to count. Actually, I’ll be burning calories. Staring burns calories. It does. That’s my new diet, staring, dreaming. Oh crap! I forgot. Without the taste I might as well perish. *Sigh*.
I guess I better go get me some before they are gone because I need to taste them. Now!
Love and blessings,
Blueberry Ribbon Cheesecake Bars
For oat crust
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup regular oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
For blueberry filling
- 4 cups blueberries divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325.
For the crust:
- Combine all crust ingredients. Mix until crumbly. Press into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until light brown.
For the blueberry ribbon:
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat combine 3 cups of blueberries, sugar and lemon. Cook over medium heat stirring often for about 15 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly. Spread evenly over oat crust. Arrange 1 cup of blueberries over top of blueberry syrup.
For the cheesecake:
- Beat cream cheese until smooth in a large mixing bowl on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Gradually add sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
- Pour the filing over the blueberries. Bake the bars until the edges are set but the center still jiggles slightly, about 35-40 minutes.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.