Two of my favorite flavors unite again in this delicious ice cream pie. Chocolate and coconut!
I love coconut. It reminds me of the beach. I immediately begin fantasies of my toes in the sand. The ocean waves crashing. A good book in my hand.
Oops. I’m dreaming again. Wake up, Mel! Wake up! Back to ice cream pie. Remember, you were supposed to be writing a blog post. Sorry.
Anyway, this pie came about when I just wanted to find away to make an awesome coconut ice cream. I then wanted to serve in some other form that just a dish or cone. So that’s how it came to be.
I have to give you a fair warning. This pie is sweet. You may be satisfied with only half a piece like me. But I on the other hand did have plenty of taste testings along the way.
So here’s a delicious cold pie to serve on beautiful summer day.
Hope you enjoy it.
P.S. No dreaming while you’re eating it either! *wink*
Love and blessings,
Coconut Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 Tbsp hot water
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
For Ice Cream:
- 1 can coconut milk I used Thai coconut milk, full fat
- 1 cup whole or 2% milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
For the crust:
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. Mix the sugar and hot water together in a small bowl. Add the chocolate and butter to the sugar, then stir in the coconut. Press the mixture firmly into a pie pan. Freeze for 30-60 minutes.
For the ice cream:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, coconut milk, sugar and salt until sugar is dissolved. Stir in half and half and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, or overnight.
- Using an ice cream maker, follow manufacturer's instruction for churning ice cream. Freeze 3-4 hours.
- Remove from freezer and spread into pie shell. Garnish with additional chocolate chips or coconut if desired. Serve immediately.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.