The winner is #8 Liz. Congrats Liz! I’ll be sending you an email!Definitely coffee!! “Coffee coffee coffee” -lorelai gilmore
So I finally finished a book this year. Woo-hoo! Go me. Why does it take me so long to get through a book anyway?
I’m such a deliberate reader. Meaning that in order to process what I’m reading I feel like I have to really slow enough to take it all in. Maybe one day eventually it will sink in quicker. Maybe… but for now I want to share with you about this book, Happy Wives Club.
Have you heard about the Happy Wives Club? Fawn Weaver began a blog several years ago in hopes of connecting happy wives. Her goal was to prove that happy healthy marriages do exist.
Her book details her adventure around the world to 12 countries, 6 continents to find out the secrets of great marriages.
This book was an excellent read. I recommend it for all women whether married or seeking to be married.
I was inspired by the stories of couples who have been married for over 25 years and are still happily married. The part that I admired most was their respect and trust for one another.
It has made me look at my own marriage in a different light. I’m been asking myself daily:
- Am I respecting my hubby? Is what I want to say going to respect him as a person? Does what is on my heart right now build him up as a husband, father, provider or will it tear him down?
- Am I trusting the decisions that he is making? I know his best interest is in our family and making the best choices he can so I have to trust him. There seems to be no other way to earn his utmost respect and love.
I also loved that these couples know how to laugh together and have a good time. Reading this allowed me to reflect on my position in our marriage. I think I tend to be a little too tense sometimes. I totally forget how to shrug the little things off and just laugh about it. It’s definitely on my priority list in our marriage now.
Have a little more fun. That’s easy enough for me. Just have to remember to do it now. 🙂
Because I enjoyed this book I want to pass it on to you.
For the Giveaway:
Because I love you…
Because I’m glad you’re here to listen to my ramblings…
Because you faithfully support me…
Here are the goodies.
- A variety of tea bags.
- A bag of my favorite coffee, french vanilla.
- A few chocolate larabars. Um…yum!
- The sweetest (*wink*) mug I’ve ever seen. From Dayspring. You can check out their other awesome mugs here. P.S. Silly me. The picture doesn’t show all the words. It says “God rightly gives us all things to enjoy.” Cupcakes included. 🙂
- A beautiful blue plate.
- The Happy Wives Club book.
TO ENTER- 5 entries available. Each comment is 1 entry.
Entry 1: Leave a comment telling me weather you prefer coffee or tea. Or what has been your favorite book lately.
Entry 2: Follow Carmel Moments on Pinterest for 1 entry. Come back and comment telling me you did.
Entry 3: Like Carmel Moments on Facebook for 1 entry. Come back and leave a comment telling me you did.
Entry 4: Follow Carmel Moments on Twitter for 1 entry. Come back and leave a comment telling me you did.
Entry 5: Share this post via Facebook, Tweet on Twitter or Pin on Pinterest 1 entry. Come back and leave a comment telling me you did.
***Failure to comply with the entry rules will void your entry.**
*This is giveaway is sponsored solely by Carmel Moments. Giveaway ends Friday at 9PM EST. Winner will be announced on the blog within 48 hours.
*This post does contain affiliate links.
*Only items mentioned above are included.
Good luck friends! Thanks for being here.
Til we meet and eat again,
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.