So today I bring you pizza. Pizza dough in the bread maker and my favorite topping (for now). I have been consistently making pizza dough for about 2 years now. I make it from scratch either with the bread maker or the stand mixer.
I won this bread maker in a blog giveaway a few months back. I have been loving the ease of use. It’s simple. With just a few ingredients and a few buttons to push I have awesome pizza dough. It takes out all the guess work.
Friday is pizza night in our house. I really look forward to it. I mean really, REALLY. I know. I don’t have a life. Thanks. You don’t need to remind me.
I think if I had to pick. I mean HAD to pick. Like you are holding a gun to my head and making me choose. I’d probably have to go with pizza as my favorite food. But that’s only if you’re not counting dessert. OK. There could really be a lot exceptions to this.
If you’re looking for a pizza paddle I picked this bamboo one up and I love it! It makes it so much easier for pulling the pizza in and out of the hot oven.
There is such great variety with pizza. I’m am plain lover too. Dough, sauce and cheese and I am satisfied. However, I have been having a lot of fun lately with toppings.
There’s just something so delicious about spinach on pizza. I saw you. You just turned up your nose. Seriously, it’s good. Don’t knock til you’ve tried it.
I know I must be obsessed with spinach artichoke. After all, I did feature this dip not long ago. It is a great combo though.
Enjoy pizza night!
For Pizza Dough:
- Makes 4 thin crust or 2 thick crust
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
For Spinach Artichoke Topping
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 Asiago cheese shredded
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts drained
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- Plan ahead you will want to preheat oven to 450 for at least 30 minutes prior to baking pizza.
- Follow your bread machine's guide for what order to place ingredients in pan. Run the dough cycle.
- When dough cycle is complete flour hands and divide dough into 2 equal parts. Shape each into a ball. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Preheat pizza stone to 450.
- Press dough into a 12 in circle using floured hands. Or you can use the pie in the sky method. (Which I haven't perfected yet. 🙂 ) Brush crust with olive oil.
- Sprinkle Parmesan and Asiago cheese over crust. Top with spinach and red onion. Arrange artichokes over the spinach. Finish off with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.