Spinach artichoke dip made with Greek yogurt – This all time favorite dip is made healthier by using Greek yogurt to save some calories. Perfect appetizer.
I have no idea why. But lately I’m obsessed with the artichoke spinach combination. I love it!
I was visiting one of my favorite stores recently. (Just guess. It’s not that hard.) Anyway, I saw a tub of this dip. What caught my attention was the fact that it was made with Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is a girl’s best friend.
I decided to try to duplicate it at home. I’m all about saving calories without sacrificing taste.
Hmm. Let’s see less calories, delicious. More calories, delicious. I think I’ll go with the first option.
I thought it turned out good so I wanted to share it with you. You can eat this hot or cold. I served it cold with bread and crackers. You can also serve with veggies or various other things.
P.S. Do not just grab a spoonful of this right before bed and forget to brush your teeth. Your spouse will notice. I’m not talking from experience here or anything. 😉
Blessings and love sent your way!
- 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese,divided
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion,
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill or 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- Thaw and drain spinach. Squeeze out excess water. Set aside. Chop artichoke hearts.
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients except the Monterey Jack cheese. Mix in half of the cheese. Stir until fully combined and mixed well. Spoon into a greased 1 quart oven proof dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 350 for 15 minutes or until heated through or serve cold. Serve with fresh bread cubes, crackers pita chips or similar.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.