PIZZA!!!!!! It’s got to be my favorite food of all time. I think I actually began enjoying it much more once I started making it at home.
I have been making pizza weekly at home for about 2 years. And I’ll tell you what…. practice helps a lot! It really does. When one thing doesn’t work I try another. When one dough tastes less than perfection I try another.
When the dough is too crispy or chewy I try again. Here’s my favorite dough recipe at the moment with lots of delicious toppings.
Can you say oh my cheesy goodness? I can. Oh my cheesy goodness. I even have a Pinterest board to go with it. 🙂 I like cheese. My family likes cheese. Pizza always involves cheese, right?
We’re in good shape then. Because we love pizza and we love cheese. It’s really hard to even post these pictures without dreaming of pizza. Geez, I can’t wait for dinner. 🙂
Hope you all will attempt homemade pizza dough sometime. It’s outrageous and it just makes you so proud of yourself. Try it. And then tell me you’re not proud. They’re isn’t a way to not be. You just accomplished pizza at home in your own kitchen.
Broccoli Bacon Cheddar Pizza
Breadmaker Pizza dough for 2 pizzas
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- additional olive oil
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cups broccoli chopped small
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Follow steps for your bread maker to make pizza dough. Mine instructs for liquids to go in first, followed by flours. Then I make a small indent in the flour and pour in yeast not allowing to touch liquids.
- Preheat oven and pizza stone to 450. Oven should be preheated for about 30 minutes prior to baking.
- Divide dough into 2 equal pieces. Press and form each into a 12 inch crust on a piece of parchment. Brush with olive oil. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile add olive oil to a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Cook stirring frequently until onions carmelize nicely.
- Sprinkle cheeses over dough. Add onion, broccoli and finish up with crumbled bacon.
- Transfer pizza on parchment to hot pizza stone. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until dough is golden brown and cheeses are melted.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.