Caramel apple chex mix. Perfect way to welcome fall with a snack great for all ages.
Welcome fall. It truly is a beautiful time of year. Hoodies and jeans are pulled out of the dark dungeons of the closets and worn by happy fans.
Apples and pumpkins are in every delicious recipe you dream up. So I dreamed about Chex mix with gooey caramel and a hint of apple.
Behold it came together well and the kids loved and begged for more. It was then I instantly knew it was a hit.
If you need a simple fall snack this is it. Flavorful. Fun. Freaky good.
Enjoy fall, ya’ll!
Love and blessings,
Caramel Apple Chex with White Chocolate Drizzle
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup natural applesauce
- 1 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 9 cups Chex cereal
- 3 oz white chocolate broken into smaller pieces
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed pot. Add applesauce brown sugar,corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring for 5 minutes on medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, then add the baking soda.
- Toss caramel mixture with cereal. Microwave uncovered on high 4 to 5 minutes, stirring and scraping bowl after every minute, just until cereal begins to brown.
- Spread cereal out on wax paper.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave safe container for 30 second increments until smooth.
- Immediately drizzle over caramel chex.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.