Caramel Apple Cupcakes – Delicious apple cupcakes made with fresh apples, topped with delicious homemade caramel glaze. Cute cupcakes that are perfect for bake sales and school treats.
It only takes a few minutes to turn these cupcakes into a fun treat. You’ll need some ribbon and popsicle sticks. That’s it. And bam! There have some pizzazz. Your cupcake goes from a dessert to a DESSERT. You know the difference, right?
In all seriousness though.. isn’t it the little things like this that just somehow have a way of making us smile a little more? Or they help us to forget the petty thing we were just fretting over. That’s what life’s about. Finding the little things that don’t take a lot of time or money but looking for the things that somehow just give us a boost.
That’s how I felt when I made these. It just made my day a little brighter. And I wondered whom I could give them to that would make their day a little brighter too. Isn’t that what it’s all about? Finding ways to do good to others and sharing what you have? What’s the point of keeping it all for myself. I love to see the smiles when I give someone something special. It lights up my day.
Hoping you’ll find someone to share these Caramel Apple Cupcakes with!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups finely chopped tart apples i.e. Granny Smith
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 6 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans toasted
- 12 Popsicle sticks
- Line cupcake pan with papers liners or grease well. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat until incorporated.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Mix well.
- Gently stir in apples. Scoop batter into prepared pans. Fill 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove to cooling rack.
- Get ingredients ready prior to starting. Using a heavy-bottomed 3 quart saucepan, heat sugar and water over moderately high heat. Whisk stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. When the mixture reaches a boil, stop whisking and let mixture come to a boil until it reaches a dark amber color making sure to carefully swirl mixture around in pot occasionally. When mixture reaches a dark amber color, immediately add butter. Whisk until butter has melted. Immediately remove from heat. Wait 3 seconds and add in cream. Whisk immediately to combine (it will bubble vigorously). Whisk until mixture is smooth. Allow caramel to cool several minutes.
- Spread caramel sauce over cupcakes. Insert Popsicle stick. Tie ribbon around stick. Sprinkle with pecans.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.