Carrot Cake Bread – Less guilt carrot cake bread made with coconut oil, Greek yogurt and less sugar. Amazing flavors come together in this moist quick bread. Perfect for Easter and any brunch celebration.
Friends, it’s almost Easter. Easter brings about eggs, green grass, Easter bonnets and pretty spring dresses. But there’s so much more to Easter. Are you familiar with why we celebrate? I certainly hope so! What a day to celebrate Christ’s victory. Because He lives we can live. Oh how marvelous.
The last few years I’ve gotten braver in the kitchen. Two years ago I made Challah. Braiding bread is just so fun. You should really try it. And last year I conquered another bread on my list. The lovely hot cross buns. I love the meaning behind these.
This year I’m socking it to you with much simpler fare. Good ole carrot cake bread. This delicious loaf was adapted to be a bit healthy. I cut back on sugar. Replaced oil with coconut oil and subbed in some Greek yogurt for moisture with less guilt. It turned out amazing.
So I’m delighted to share this loaf with you. It bakes up 2 beautiful loaves. Perfect to keep one and share one. Perfect to bring to an Easter brunch.
The cream cheese glaze makes just enough to pour over the top without feeling overindulged. Or feel free to leave it out completely. Just sharing that when I made this last week, everyone wanted the cream cheese loaf. That just shows what type of foodies we are. Sad and hopelessly addicted to drizzle and glaze. But life’s better because of it. (*wink*)
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
To make this recipe well:
Carrot Cake Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil in liquid form
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrots
For Glaze (optional)
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 5 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir together. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, Greek yogurt, orange juice, coconut oil and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the carrots.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Just before serving, make the glaze by whisking together cream cheese, milk, and confectioner's sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle over loaves.
Recipe adapted from: Taste of Home
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.