Classic Banana Bread – Traditional banana bread made healthier with coconut oil and Greek yogurt to keep it moist and flavorful. Perfect for breakfast or snack, it’s a family favorite!
There are times when a classic just never gets old. Such is the case with banana bread. Bananas are a staple ingredient in our house. We love them in our smoothies, muffins, cupcakes and even in our cookies!
In case you haven’t noticed my typical combo is chocolate and banana. But the hubby practically asks for desserts to occasionally be made without chocolate chips or drizzle.
Does he even know what he’s asking of me?! That’s crazy. I didn’t think it was possible but there we are. Banana bread without even a hint of chocolate. Just for you dear. It was fun to make. It was delicious and I didn’t cry without my chocolate. I need to make a habit out of this somehow.
I’ll have to work on that. Just keep an eye on upcoming recipes and let me know if I’m creating new good habits. Will you do that for me?
My 6 year old walked in the room as I was finishing up these pictures. And he was just loving all this confectioner’s sugar sprinkled all over the bread. I could see it in his eyes. And then he looks at me and asks: “Mom are you going to leave that on or are you going to take it off?” So funny. I’m thinking the only way to get all that sugar off would be to lick it off and I’m pretty sure no one else in the family would appreciate that very much.
So this time my boy got a slice of banana bread with some sugar on top. And boy was he thrilled about that. 🙂
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
Follow Carmel Moments on BLOGLOVIN’
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 very ripe bananas mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Beat sugar and eggs with a whisk until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Add in coconut oil. Mix in mashed bananas and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients just until blended. Do not overmix.
- Pour into a prepared loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Check with a skewer or toothpick. It will come out clean. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and let finish cooling.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.