Chai Tea Latte for One – Recipe for DIY Chai tea made at home in the Keurig is delicious. Made with chai teabag, easy and ready in 5 minutes.
Any tea lovers out there? I love me a cup of hot tea but chai is my ultimate favorite. There’s something about the spices and the sweetness that sends me to the moon. I started drinking chai about 4 years ago when I was in charge of our small cafe at church. It was a small cafe but we had the real deal.
A real full-size espresso machine. Geez! I really did I fall head over heels in love with chai. Coconut Chai, Honey Vanilla Chai. Indeed the possibilities are endless. I quickly discovered that not all chai are equal. I visited one of my favorite places and ordered a chai and realized that I indeed was snooty about my chai. This chai did not taste good at all. Tried it at another place and same thing.
Well, fast forward 2 years and I gave up my position at the cafe at church and that meant no more weekly chai. So here I am 2 years later and I finally found a chai to make at home that I love. Yay! Ding! Blow the bells and whistles. No more $4 concentrate. This one costs pennies to make and has much less sugar. I’m a floating on air right now. I’ll be back in a jiffy.
Most noteworthy reasons you should definitely make this chai:
- Uber delicious!
- Because you can put it together in 5 minutes.
- No preservatives or ingredients you can’t pronounce.
- Easily made in the Keurig, (or another coffee maker)
- Costs only a few cents to make.
Other favorite drink recipes from friends:
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Chai Tea Latte for One
- 1 individual tea bag
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- whipped cream for topping
- cinnamon for topping
- nutmeg for topping
- In a reusable Keurig k-cup place 1 tea bag, cinnamon, <g class="gr_ gr_116 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="116" data-gr-id="116">ginger</g> and allspice. Using a large mug, brew for an 8 oz cup.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine milk and brown sugar and creamer. Cook and stir until heated through. Pour mixture into <g class="gr_ gr_106 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" id="106" data-gr-id="106">mug</g> of tea. Stir to combine.
- Dollop with whipped cream, cinnamon and nutmeg if desired. Enjoy immediately.
Recipe adapted slightly from Taste of Home
Related articles across the web
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.