Homemade Soft Pretzel Bites – Perfect little bite-sized pretzel pieces, perfect snack for the BIG game. Favorite for parties, platters and snacking. Dip or dunk in mustard or cheese. So good!
We are all aware of my VERY popular pretzel sticks, right? The ones that have been pinned over 150,000 times. The most popular recipe in 2014. What you haven’t heard? Go check them out now and come right back. I’ll be waiting here patiently with my newest pretzel recipe.
And these are just in time for Superbowl Sunday. What are you waiting for? Run.
Do not walk.
Do not take long strides.
Do not pass go.
Most likely you’ll have these few, like 6 ingredients already in your pantry. So all you need is a little motivation and you’ll be baking these up in no time.
Once you make your own homemade pretzels you will be so satisfied.
Warm out of the oven these bites are:
…. perfect for popping and snacking
… soft and salty ( a great combination)
…homemade with dough right in your own kitchen (how cool is that!?)
Promise you’ll make homemade pretzels at least once in your lifetime. They’re too good to pass by!
You will be amazed at how simple they really are!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Homemade Soft Pretzel Bites
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups (10 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- coarse salt
- Place warm water, yeast, brown sugar, salt and flour in a mixing bowl. Knead for about 5 minutes or until soft and smooth. Place dough in a greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
Transfer dough to a lightly greased surface. Divide into 6 pieces. Roll each one into approximately 12 inch long ropes. Divide each rope into about 6 2-inch pieces.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Meanwhile, in a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add baking soda.
- Prepare baking sheets by spraying with vegetable oil spray, or lining it with parchment paper.
- Add pretzel bites to boiling water 10-12 at a time, boil for 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon move to prepared sheet pans. Continue boiling in batches until are cooked. Sprinkle lightly with coarse pretzel or kosher salt. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes until deep golden brown.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool for a few minutes. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
These are best to eat as soon as possible.
Should you wish to store them, put them in a brown paper bag on counter for up 1 day. For longer storage you can freeze them. It's not ideal but if you wish to: Wrap in foil and then place in a brown paper bag. The salt will most likely dissolve. So if you can plan ahead just save the salt for later. To defrost just leave at room temperature until fully thawed.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.