This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeItMerrier #CollectiveBias
Cinnamon Sugar Scones – Soft buttery scones made with cinnamon chips and real cinnamon and topped with a light sugar coating. Perfectly flaky and great with morning coffee or tea for breakfast.
Hello Christmas season. I’m in love already with the twinkling lights, the cozy fire and the Christmas sights every where. Hello to the mittens and warm wooly hats.
And hello to warm drinks such as coffee and hot chocolate. They truly make our hearts happy and our smiles broaden. Precious memories like this are captured to remember for years to come.
Scones and a warm cup of coffee is the perfect combo. And this Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce definitely sparked a desire for all things cinnamon. I rolled up my sleeves and got to work. Scones are incredibly easy to make.
Starbucks coffee and breakfast scones are a match made in heaven!
Head over here to see all the great varieties Starbucks has to offer right now including my favorites, vanilla and cinnamon.
Get a $5 Starbucks Carde-gift when you purchase 3 or more qualifying Starbucks products. Now that’s a great deal! Feel free to pass it on to a neighbor or friend. This is the perfect time of year to take advantage of this offer.
Be sure to look for Starbucks at your favorite retailer. I found mine out our local Giant store.
For the scones:
You simply mix up the dough. Press it gently by hand into 2 round circles.
Brush with the melted butter.
Sprinkle with a bit of sugar. Cut into wedges, separate and pop in the oven. Bake and enjoy!
Don’t forget to head over to Starbucks to see all they have to offer including new hot cocoa, holiday blend and much more!
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
Cinnamon Sugar Scones
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter cubed
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips
For Sugary Topping
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Throw butter cubes in the flour mixture. Cut in butter with a fork or pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in half and half just until moistened. Stir in cinnamon chips.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead gently 10-12 times or until dough is no longer sticky. Divide dough in half. Carefully pat each half into approximately a 7 inch circle. Brush with butter and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Cut each circle into eight wedges. Separate wedges and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm with coffee.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.