Cream Cheese Chicken Soup – Thick creamy chowder with a delicious filling of carrots, potatoes, and chicken. Cream cheese and milk make a smooth texture to this soup and the flavor is awesome!
This is seriously one of the best soups I’ve had in months. So good in fact that I wish I had tripled the recipe. Every one of the kids wanted seconds. Now that’s some good stuff!
We are big soup eaters in our house. Pretty much a week can’t go by that I’m not fixing up some soup. And this one is definitely a keeper. And I’m pretty sure it’s gonna make its appearance at least once a month. I’m totally hooked!
My sweet 10 year daughter came alongside me and helped peel potatoes and stir and anything else I asked her to do. I just absolutely love her willing spirit. Do you have anyone in your life like that? Someone who truly inspires you. I’m so happy to say that in my case it’s my daughter.
She consistently gives her time, her abilities, her listening ear to everyone around here. She won’t think twice about offering something she has if she knows you would like it. I’m so proud to be her mother. And I know God has a great plan for this young woman’s life. So blessed to be around her every day.
I know it’s Monday. And call me weird if you want to but I’m sort of glad. I like Mondays. It’s my one day where I usually stay home. And I also get the most accomplished; bread, laundry, cooking and so much more. I guess I like it so much because I feel good about what I’ve got done. Other days I feel like I’m aimlessly going from one task to another without actually completing anything. Anyone else know that feeling?
Well here’s to a Monday of great accomplishments!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Cream Cheese Chicken Soup
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 medium carrots chopped
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dry parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 oz cream cheese cubed
- In a dutch oven or stock pot saute onion in butter. Cook until soft and translucent. Add chicken broth, carrots and potatoes. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken, parsley, salt and pepper. Heat through.
- Mix flour and milk in a 2 cup measuring cup with a small whisk. Whisk until smooth. Add to vegetable mixture. Heat to boiling. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add cream cheese and cook until melted and smooth. Serve and enjoy.
Adapted slightly from an old Amish cookbook
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.