Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes – Moist homemade pumpkin cupcakes filled with an easy cream cheese frosting. These amazing pumpkin cupcakes are a perfect fall treat!
There are some amazing bloggers out there in this world. And have you seen the pumpkin recipes coming out the wazoo this time of year? There are so many amazing ones. I’m partial to anything paired with chocolate. Like pancakes or cookies or this delicious Nutella bread. But I decided to steer clear of the chocolate this time and around and go with one of my hubby’s favorites.
This man loves cream cheese in his desserts (and in his soup!). I made these. Packed him one for lunch and got the wonderful text the next day that said: “Cupcakes are very good. Excellent!
And from the man of few words. I knew I had pleased him. So that made me happy indeed. I can please the readers all day long but if I never make my hubby happy what’s the point, right?
So glad this perfect combo of cream cheese and pumpkin made it’s way into our hungry bellies this year!
These Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes are so festive too. Look at that little pumpkin stem! Is that not cute? If only I could take credit for the creativity here! Regardless, I hope you’ll turn to these if you need to bring in a school party treat or a bake sale item. These will take the spotlight for sure! Kids will love the look. Adults will be asking for the recipe.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4 cups canned 100% pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- handful of whole cloves optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, pumpkin and eggs until well blended. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a small bowl. Gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until well blended.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners. Fill each line three quarters full. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together for several minutes. Mix in confectioner's sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Using an apple corer poke a hole in the center of each cupcake. If you don't have an apple corer you can also cut a 1 inch by 1 inch circle in the center using a sharp knife. Set aside cake pieces.
- Fill hole with frosting and add a little frosting on the top. Place reserved cake pieces on top and garnish with one clove.
Recipe adapted from: Taste of Home