A beautiful simple cucumber salad using the bounty of your garden. Dressed with a simple light dressing made with Greek Yogurt.
I’ve got cucumbers coming out of my garden like crazy! Last year I ended up with only enough to get us through the summer. Not enough to jar up for the winter.
I told myself last year: “Melanie, you MUST plant more cucumbers. This is ridiculous.” So plant I did. I decided to try new ways of using them.
This is a simple salad. I must tell you I got ALL 3 of my kiddos to eat with bribing or other parenting tactics.
That brings such a smile to my face when I can get them to eat more vegetables.
Heck, you never know. Maybe your kids or relatives will like this too.
Hope you’re enjoying these delightful summer days. They are passing by much too quickly for me!
Cucumber Salad with Greek Yogurt Dressing
- 2 English cucumbers or similar thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- additional salt to taste
- Thinly slice cucumbers. (I think they turn out best in the food processor with the slicer plate.) Place in bowl. Add the tablespoon of salt. Mix well. Place in fridge for about an hour.
- Meanwhile mix together remaining ingredients. (Greek yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, vinegar, dill, white pepper and additional salt if needed. Refrigerate.
- Drain cucumbers. Pat dry.
- Place cucumbers on serving plate. Drizzle with yogurt mixture.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.