This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. on behalf of its advertiser, ZonePerfect. #SnackandRally #CollectiveBias
A Day in the Life of This Food Blogger – Creating Routine
Today we’re talking routine. And what my typical daily schedule looks like. My life seems to be going at a pretty steady rhythm. And as much as I love that and want it to stick, I know that’s not how life works. There’s ebb and flow. Mountains and valleys. Great weeks and horrible ones.
I used to have no routine to my days whatsoever. However, over the past 2 years or so I’ve worked through the difficulty of going from no routine to a semi-flexible schedule. It helps. As much as I am a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of girl. When you have a blog and a business you’re trying to build, scheduling and routine are almost inevitable and necessary. For me it’s been a gradual change but I love what’s done for my life so far.
Right now my routine is looking pretty smooth. And I thought it would be a great opportunity to share what a day in the life of this mom blogger looks like.
My day usually starts around 5:45 am.
- 5:45 I’m waking up, brushing my teeth, washing my face and getting on my workout clothes.
- 6:00 I’m downstairs by now working out. I typically like to work out for 30-45 minutes 5 days a week. I’m crushing on BeachBody on Demand right now. I pay a quarterly fee for this but I love how I can change it up day by day depending on what mood I’m. Lately I’ve been switching it up between Turbo Fire, P90x3 and Lean Extreme. * SEE NOTE*
- 6:45 Say goodbye and pray with my middle schoolers.
- 6:55 Shower and dress.
- 7:15 Drink coffee, read a bible chapter, devotional and pray.
- 7::40 Wake up my 2nd grader. Tidy up around kitchen, etc.
- 8:15 Take him to bus stop.
- 8:30 Get started on my work day. See below.
- 10:00-10:15 Take a little break and eat a piece of fruit. 2nd cup of coffee!
- 10:15 Back to work.
- 12:30-1:00 Stop for lunch.
- 1:00 Working.
- 2:45 Share on Facebook Live usually 3 times a week.
- 3:00 Reward myself and my hard efforts with a great afternoon snack. 90% of the time it’s a ZonePerfect® Bars. They’re easy to grab and enjoy at my desk for the last few moments before my middle schoolers get home. This is the highlight of my afternoon and probably the last time I’ll have peace and quiet for the day. So I soak it all in and enjoy it.
- 3:15 Older kids get home. I chat with them a few minutes.
- 4:00 Youngest gets home from school. I’m usually done working for the day.
*NOTE* In the warmer months, beginning around this time of year I like to run. So instead of 6 am workout, I wait until 8:30 and do a 3-5 mile run. On those days I get some work done in the morning and then fit my run in because it just works better with our school routine and being home for the kids.
I love this quote I found from John C. Maxwell and thought it was very fitting for me. Truth! Can I get an AMEN?
Mondays usually involve planning out the week, social media shares, finalizing a blog post for Wednesday, catching up on emails.
Tuesdays are typically looking for new work, updating stats, finances, planning ideas, researching, etc and/or food shopping.
Wednesdays – Creation content, social media shares, etc.
Thursday are typically writing blog posts and editing photos.
Friday – Normally try to take Fridays off if possible. Yay! I also do food shopping here if I didn’t get it done earlier in the week.
I feel like I’m super busy being a mom and blogger and that’s hard to remember to always bring a healthy snack. These ZonePerfect® Nutrition Bars are perfect for me for those busy mornings or afternoons when I need a quick snack that packs a protein punch. Chocolate peanut butter are my favorite!
ZonePerfect Bars bars are already a part of my daily life so it would seem natural to share about how they are a go-to snack for my busy morning or afternoon schedule. These bars are part of my day as a woman who is a busy blogger, a mother of 3. For the past 10 years I’ve made health and fitness a priority and part of my daily routine. It’s paid off in huge dividends for me. I have much more energy. I love my every day life because it feels purposeful and energized.
I feel better about my food choices. I pay attention to nutrition labels, calorie counts, ingredients to keep myself accountable and on track. I feel better about snacking when I know I’m choosing food that fuels me for my busy days.
Want to grab your own? Right now you can purchase 2 boxes of ZonePerfect© bars at Walmart and save up to $4! Get your bundle here.
To find more inspiring ideas and snack inspiration check it all out at ZonePerfect©
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.