Friday Fabulous Things Week 21
Happy Friday. Fridays I’m celebrating the good in my life and the fabulous things that I come across in my little part of the world.
- Summer reading. One of my favorite things to do is great a delicious drink and go sit for a bit outside with a good magazine. And as none of you could probably believe, my favorite magazines involve food! As matter of fact, my first magazine subscription after I got married was Taste of Home and it’s still one of my favorites for food. I just renewed it for super cheap. Right now Best Deal Magazines has the 1-year subscription for just $4.69 and they’re offering a coupon code on top of that for 20% off. You bet I just got my subscription at that price! Enter code SAVE20 at checkout and you’ll get the extra 20% off. I ended up getting mine for just $3.75
- Sweet deal! 🎂🍽
- This has been a week of salads here at our house. My kids are warmed up to the idea. We ate a chef’s salad one night (recipe coming soon) and surprising they all loved it!
- Fresh summer salads are the way to go!
- Last weekend seemed almost perfect. There was a lot of family time, time with our church small group, time with our really good friends and couple time. I enjoyed sitting by the fire, relaxing in my new chair hammock swing, taking a walk and so much more. 3 day weekends really are dreamy. Aren’t they?
- Thankful for 3 day weekends.
- Ice Cream. Hard. Soft. What’s your fav? I can get either way but I tend to want soft ice cream when we go out because I can’t get it at home. So we had our first ice cream outing of the summer. Woot! And I got myself some jimmies on my ice cream. Who knows what I’m talking about (my fellow, Philly peeps, I know you do. 😘)
- Soft serve ice cream… you are so GOOD!
- We celebrated with Sky Zone, cake and friends for my 9-year-old birthday boy last weekend. He had a blast having his friends spend the night and getting to go to one of his favorite places.
- What a fun-filled weekend!
- Last Friday I had tea, with my dear friend Harriet. Have I ever mentioned her? So’s she sweet to me. We sit and have tea and chat. She’s been a mentor to me for about 10 years now and I cherish her. Her place is beyond gorgeous set on this hilly countryside and it just feels so peaceful looking out over the land.
- Thankful for time to kick back, relax and enjoy a good cup of tea.
- Do you have a summer plans yet? Is it laid back, vamped up or what? When I think summer, I want things to dial back and a bit. I want to to make memories, explore more, possibly learn more. So I just purchased 2 classes. One on photography and another on SEO. Oh yeah, who even wants to know what that is. It’s totally a blogger thing. But I’m excited to challenge myself in new ways. How about you? Ready to take on something new? Craftsy offers a bunch of low key classes to learn more about baking, sewing, painting, cake decorating and more. Right now they are offering a whole bunch of classes for just $19.99.
I think you’ll want to check out what’s new this week.
NEWLY Updated with Video Peach Sangria
2. NEW Weekly Menu
3. NEW Last Minute Meals – Over 40 Easy to Prepare Meals
RECIPES / BLOG POSTS FROM THE PAST
1 YEAR AGO
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH YOUR NEIGHBOR
2 YEARS AGO
Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta
3 YEARS AGO
Chocolate Banana Popsicles
Have a great weekend! Hope it’s filled with good food and your favorite people around the table.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post may contain affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
© GATHER FOR BREAD. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.