Cold Green Bean Salad – Best Marinated string bean salad recipe. Made with a homemade vinaigrette, perfect healthy side dish for summer picnics, potlucks, grilling and more.
I love fresh summer side dishes made with vegetables right from the garden or roadside stand. Last year I ate this cucumber tomato salad over and over again. There’s nothing better than bringing veggies in and having them for dinner that same evening!
If you’re looking for other side salads I recently shared this Mediterranean salad and I just can’t seem to get enough of it these days. It’s perfect with pasta or grilled meat.
Today this simple salad starts with fresh green beans. They’re perfect. Give them a rinse and boil for just 2 minutes. We’re not fully cooking them this time around. We want some crunch in our salad.
Dunk them in some ice water to stop them from cooking. Snip the ends before or after you boil them. It’s up to you.
I saved the best for last. this homemade vinaigrette is divine. Made with white wine vinegar, olive oil, and some herbs. It’s light, refreshing and just perfect for this salad. But feel free to make the vinaigrette and use it on other summer salads as well.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Also, be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post may contain affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
© GATHER FOR BREAD. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
Cold Green Bean Salad
- 1 lb fresh green beans trimmed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup extra light virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fill a large saucepan 2/3 with water. Bring to a boil. Place green beans in boiling water. Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with ice and water. Boil green beans for just 2 minutes. Drain and plunge into ice water. Set aside.
- In a small bottle or shaker combine white wine vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. While briskly stirring, add in olive oil.
- Arrange green beans, tomatoes, red onion and goat cheese in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve within 4 hours.
Other delicious Green Bean recipes to try:
Garlicky Green Beans – Tastes Lovely
Fresh and Easy Three Bean Salad – Flavor the Moments
Sweet and Sour Green Beans – Spicy Southern Kitchen
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.