Grilled Corn with Lemon Basil Butter – Fire up the grill. Using fresh corn and rubbing with a lemon basil butter blend. A summer favorite. Simple to make and delicious!
Fresh corn. So good. Good friends dropped off a huge sack of corn at our house the other day. So blessed?
Ah, it’s homegrown and delicious. Perfect sweet kernels. I love to find new ways to enjoy it. But I love using my tried and true ones too. Can you say that three times fast?
Tried and true makes me think of zucchini, bacon and corn medley. I have to make that one more time before corn season is up. It’s that good. If you love those three ingredients you’ll love it too!
Basil is still growing strong here and it’s my favorite herb I’m currently growing. So I figured why not combine with with the corn. Lemon and basil are always delicious together. So that part was a no-brainer.
I decided to fire up the grill for this baby. Hot day means lets cook outside. Grilling is so much fun anyway. You can make a huge mess and it really doesn’t matter! That’s my kind of clean up…who cares? I don’t get to say very often.
Don’t forget the important step to soak the corn otherwise you’ll have corn on fire. May look cool but it will probably be burnt. Not cool. *wink, *wink
Anyway, I hope you have some good corn growing around your way so you can enjoy this delicious dish before the beautiful weather is past. I am truly going to miss summer and all of it’s bounty.
Love and blessings,
Grilled Corn with Lemon Basil Butter
- 4 ears of corn
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese finely shredded
- Pull down husks and remove silk from corn. Replace husks. Soak for 15 minutes in water.
- In a small bowl melt butter. Add basil, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
- Pull down husks and with a pastry brush, brush butter mixture over corn kernels. Replace husks again.
- Grill over medium heat for about 15 minutes turning every 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with salt and pepper, if desired.