Mediterranean Hummus – Healthy hummus, fresh taste at home that mixes up in just minutes using the food processor.
Hummus. At first I had no idea what it was. Then I tried a store bought variety at a friend’s house. Eh. I could have cared less if I ever had hummus again in my life.
Then I happened to try a sample of Mediterranean humus at a store and I thought, ‘Mmm, this is pretty good stuff.” So I tried to duplicate it at home. I’m entering the new world of hummus lovers. My daughter and I love it. All the boys in the house do not eat hummus. So I guess you’re either a hummus lover or a hummus despiser.(We’re not allowed to say hate in our house.)
Well if you like hummus or think there’s any potential for you, give this one a try. I’ll definitely be putting it on my favorites list here.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 15.5 oz can of garbanzo beans/chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tahini paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil I used the mediterranean blend of oil from Costco
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Paprika for garnish
- In food processor pulse garlic until minced. Add chickpeas/garbanzo beans, lemon juice, salt, tahini paste, cayenne pepper and cumin. Process until fairly smooth. While processing add olive oil through top chute. Process until complete smooth.
- Scoop into a bowl and garnish with parsley and paprika. Serve with veggies, pita chips, crackers, pretzels, etc.
Blessings and love sent your way,
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.