Merry Christmas Sugar Cookies – Homemade classic soft sugar cookies decorated for Christmas. Perfect, easy and ready to share for the holidays!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill.
I’m excited to share this Christmas Cookie recipe that has been passed down through the generations on my husband’s side of the family. These cookies come with great childhood Christmas memories for my husband. He remembers these as a part of the regular tradition of baking at Christmas time. And now we get to share these cookies and traditions of baking with our children.
I get to share these cookies that are made with Love. Baked with Bob’s Red Mill products which are made of the highest quality. When I’m baking with Bob’s Red Mill I know I’m using the best for myself, my family and those I share with.
Bob’s believes that we can make our world a better place through small acts of kindness. And I believe that too!
I had a true pleasure in sharing these cookies with one of my besties. Her name is Mel too. 🙂 She’s a gift to me with her encouragement and friendship. She’s always willing to go above and beyond when I need help and I truly appreciate it! Last year when I made these cookies she tried them and loved them enough to ask for the recipe. So this year, I thought it would be fun to bake her, her own batch that’s just for enjoyment.
Who’s someone in your life that might need a pick-me-up in the form of cookies? Why not bake them up some love during this season?
Give someone who goes above and beyond in your life a thank you in the form of freshly baked cookies.
We’re delighted to offer you, my readers $1 off a Bob’s Red Mill product. Head here to get your coupon for baking this holiday season!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Merry Christmas Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and confectioner's sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until creamy. Add egg yolk and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed. Add remaining ingredients. Mix on medium speed until ingredients come together and form a ball.
- Spray cookie pan. Press cookies into cookie shapes pan.(Or alternatively, you can use cookie cutters or the bottom of a drinking glass that has been dipped in sugar. Flatten dough to 1/2" thick. )
- Sprinkle with decorator's sugar and/ or Bob's Red Mill sparkling sugar
- Bake 7-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 2 minutes in cookie pan. Remove to cooling rack. I have found it easiest to just firmly tap the cookie sheet over the cooling rack and they seem to come out easily.