Creamy dip made with butternut squash. Simple ingredients like cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Enhanced with the fresh flavor of garlic and thyme. This dip is perfect for game time parties, before Thanksgiving dinner or as an appetizer to any meal.
It’s almost hard to believe that I’m embracing butternut squash already but I am. I feel in love with it last year and I’m still working on my family. Hopefully they’ll jump on the band wagon soon. So this is one recipe I made that wasn’t devoured within a day. Mostly because I used a lot of self control.
I typically use squash for dinner but I wanted to find new ways to take advantage of this delicious flavor. So instead of going the dessert right I went for other favorite food group, appetizers.
But I’m also looking for other ways to use butternut squash besides roasted or in soup. So if you have any suggestions, let me have them. I’d be so happy to get my family loving this vegetable.
In addition I’m pleased to announce a giveaway to celebrate some anniversaries.
Please join me in celebrating!
Flavor the Moments – 2nd Anniversary
Spoonful of Flour – 2nd Anniversary
Wishes and Dishes – 3rd Anniversary
Til we meet and eat again,
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 sprigs fresh lemon thyme
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Cut squash in ½ lengthwise, discard seeds. Place squash cut side down on foil-lined jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Brush with olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 min until squash is tender. Scoop out pulp and discard skin.
- In a food process combine squash, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, thyme and minced garlic. Process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small ovenproof greased dish. Bake until heated through about 20 minutes. Serve with bread, crackers pita chips, etc.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.