Peach Streusel Quick Bread – Homemade quick bread made with fresh peaches and topped with a crunchy oat streusel. Sweet loaf that’s perfect for summer!
This quick bread is amazing. It’s got the perfect peach flavor for summer. It bakes up sweet and soft and has this tasty crisp oat streusel for the top. I’m pretty sure you’ll love it!
I love that it uses fresh peaches and that they are both in the batter and on top. Plus the crunchy streusel just sends it over the top in the flavor department.
I’m the girl that when I eat pie… I want it topped with streusel. Forget the double pie crust and give me some buttery crunch. That makes this peach streusel quick bread irresistible!
Summer will be gone before I know it so I’m squeezing as many peach, zucchini and berry recipes as possible. Because before long we’ll be in jeans and sweaters again and I’ll be missing my shorts and tank tops. So, do you mind if I keep summer recipes going as long as possible? I’ll surely miss them!
What’s your favorite way to use fresh peaches in the summer?
Have a great week! Hope it’s filled with good food and your favorite people around the table.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post may contain affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
© GATHER FOR BREAD. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
Items to help make this recipe:
Peach Streusel Bread
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced yellow peaches
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow peaches
For streusel topping:
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons chilled unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. <g class="gr_ gr_112 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="112" data-gr-id="112">Put</g> a baking sheet in the oven.
- Coat 3 mini loaf pans(5 3/4″ x 3 3/4″) with nonstick spray. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Make a well in the center of the mixture. In a medium bowl combine buttermilk, egg, coconut or vegetable oil, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Gently fold in diced peaches.
For the streusel topping:
- In a small bowl, whisk together oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Use a fork or pastry cutter to cut butter into flour mixture until it forms coarse crumbs. Divide batter evenly between loaf pans. Arrange peach slices over each loaf. Sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Place pans on preheated baking sheet and bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 25-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center <g class="gr_ gr_105 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="105" data-gr-id="105">comes</g> out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely. Wrap bread well and store in the refrigerator up to 2 days. Warm before serving.
Recipe from: Tutti Dolci
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.