Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosted Brownies – Delicious decadent chocolate brownies frosted with peppermint cream cheese icing and finished off with mint bits. Perfect Christmas treat.
When I think of guilty pleasures… brownies come to mind.
When I think of my dream dessert dancing in my head…it’s brownies on my mind.
When I gave up chocolate for a period of time … it was brownies that kept me up at night.
I’m insanely mad about them. I have eaten an entire pan by myself. True story. Hubby can tell you all about it. Although I don’t really want him to talk about it either. I can’t believe I just typed that up as public knowledge for the whole internet world for read.
No, I’m not proud of that moment in my life but it just goes to show that we all have weaknesses and brownies are definitely one of mine. But alas, you definitely know that I’m human just like all of you.
I have a weight loss story too. Someone day I’d love to share when I get brave enough to write it up. It was a slow but happy ending journey. One that I look back on and am actually glad I went through because it taught me so much.
The greatest lesson I learned was self control. I can have a brownie or a cookie but not the whole pan.
Til we meet and eat again friends,
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ¾ cups baking cocoa ( I use Hershey's special dark)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ⅓ cup Andes peppermint crunch baking chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 8" x 8" pan, line it with parchment, and grease the parchment (makes it easier to remove the brownies from the pan).
- In a medium-sized saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter. Add in the sugar, stirring to combine. Heat the mixture just just until it's hot throughout. It should become a bit shiny. Remove from the heat and stir in the cocoa, salt, baking powder and vanilla extract. Whisk in the eggs, stirring until smooth.
- Add in the flour stirring until smooth. Pour batter into the pan, spreading it to the edges.
- Bake the brownies for about 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The brownies should feel set on the edges, and just barely set in the center.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan before frosting.
- Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar. Beat on low speed until smooth. Mix in peppermint extract until well combined. Cut brownies into 16 equal pieces. Sprinkle with Andes baking chips. Refrigerate leftovers.