Pumpkin Pasta Bacon Cream Sage Sauce – Pasta and bacon with a creamy pumpkin sage sauce. Delicious side dish recipe with flavors of fall. Made with cream for a smooth sauce paired with your favorite pasta.
I’ve made this creamy pumpkin with sage sauce several times recently. I couldn’t believe it when I got the kids to eat it either! Of course, I didn’t tell them there was pumpkin until after they said they enjoyed it. 😊
It was my pleasure to serve it at our Fall Harvest Gathering recently. It got good reviews from the gals.
PIN THIS RECIPE NOW!
I’ve served it with bacon and without. So choose whatever you like better. I love the smoky taste the bacon gave it. But of course, there are times when we have meatless entrees so this would be perfect for meatless Monday meals.
I’ve grown sage in my herb garden for several years now and don’t have much use for it. So I was pretty stoked that it was a highlight of this recipe. I love the flavor it gave to this creamy sauce. Mmm…
Have you ever used pumpkin in a dinner dish? If so, I’d love to hear about it. I think it will be appearing in a few dishes here as well.
Have a great week! Hope it’s filled with good food and your favorite people around the table.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
BLOGLOVIN’ | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | SNAPCHAT: @GATHERFORBREAD |
Pumpkin Pasta and Bacon in a Cream Sage Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaves chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 1/2 cups pasta (cooked according to package) (campenelle, penne, bowtie, etc.)
- 8 ounces bacon cooked and crumbled
- Using a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic. Cook and stir for one minute.
- Add heavy cream, pumpkin, Parmesan, sage, salt, and pepper. Simmer and stir until it thickens slightly. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Toss with hot pasta.
- Top with bacon and serve immediately.
Diane Wilkins says
My family loves our pasta, spaghetti especially. I’m gonna try the recipe for next Saturday dinner. Thanks so much for sharing.
Hope you enjoy it, Diane! Thanks for stopping by. 🙂