Sunshine Iced Tea – A refreshing simple iced tea with a delicious dose of lemon and orange. Fresh brewed, serve with ice, sip and enjoy for a summer day.
Ahh. Sunshine Iced Tea. I love me a big ole glass of iced tea on a warm day. Refreshing. Sweet. Delicious.
Growing up my mom always had sweet tea around. She would change it around a bit here and there but it was always a staple in our house.
I now have some of my own sweet tea loving kids. I’ve lowered the sugar a bit over the years to keep the calories down but I still love it all the same.
This simple recipe includes lemons and oranges. I love the flavor the citrus adds to the tea.
I hope you give this recipe a try. It sure makes me happy weather it’s summer or I’m just dreaming of summer.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Sunshine Iced Tea
- 7-8 tea bags
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar more if you want it sweeter
- 2 oranges
- 2 lemons
- Place sugar in a medium saucepan with 3 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add tea bags. Turn off and let tea bags steep for at least 2 hours.
- In the meantime, juice 2 lemons and 2 oranges in a small bowl. *If you don't have a juicer, you can use a spoon or fork. Take spoon, place into center of lemon or orange and twist left and right.
- Pour tea into a gallon pitcher. Squeeze excess tea from bags into pitcher as well.
- Add lemon and orange juice.
- Add several cups of ice cubes. Fill to the top with water.Enjoy!
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.